Wednesday 4 July 2007

the placement 1

Ive only been working for two days and it seems like ive been there forever, the little breaks where we stand and eat snacks in the dispensary, the funny customers that say funny things to make us laugh, the comfyness of it all, makes me feel as if ive been there for more than two days. everyone has been so welcoming, more than i imagined them to be. the most remarkable thing is that ive made a friend in such a short space of time, we sit and chat about life, boys and pharmacy ofcourse, the dreaded pre reg exam!!

most of my day consists of me standing on my feet for 7 hours plus, i get a one hour lunch so atleast i can give my poor feet a rest, my toes are killing me! i want to wear flip flops into work but i dont think its allowed. the thing that worries me the most is that i feel inadequate, im not a good practical student pharmacist as i thought i was, maybe because mostly this is my first time in a dispensary and actually counselling real people instead of the practices at uni. last year i spent alot of time on the healthcare section and i was much better at that, and i picked it up within a matter of days and did my exam within 2 weeks. something gives me the feeling that the dispensing exam is going to take much longer for me to pass. the thought of me failing or not being good or should i say excellent at something especially profession wise really irritates me.

today i was such a bimbo! i totally forgot how to counsel a patient on penicillin antibiotics! thats so standard! i had to ask my tutor and she was nice and helpful and told me not to worry but still i should have known how to do it, i did it for my mock exam! i have so much to learn and experience in this medical world, and my feet are getting the worst deal out of it, my toes really hurt........ to be continued

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww, don't worry!

Babies crawl, then stand up, then walk and only then run :)

It will all develop properly as time goes on :)

ps: You can get very comfy, soft & cozy inner soles for your shoes :)