Thursday 19 July 2007

the green eyed monster

I took the day off work today, it wasnt technically a "sickie" but i was sick emotionally and spiritually, in terms of physical symptoms i had a headache/migraine and my eyes were all swollen up.

I feel like such a bad friend, one of my best friends (J) calls me to tell me she is getting engaged to some guy back in the homeland, and i should have been happy for her and dont get me wrong,i was, i am happy for her. but im also jealous, and wishful that it should have been me. this is suppose to be my summer of engagement! yes i know i sound like a right Meany, but honestly how many more weddings and engagements can i go to and sit there and just wish that it was me with my guy? huh? well the answer is not that many.

so J has invited me and our girlies to the engagement, even though the guy is not here, her family are doing this formal event to mark the start of the engagement. im going to be staying the night over as we will in different places, and i am happy for her, she deserves the love of a good man as i am sure that most of us girls do.

so last night i told my mother about the engagement and she was happy for J saying that she is a sweet, bubbly girl, and then i started crying gently, mother doesnt take crying too kindly but when i do cry she does try to comfort me, however this time she didnt, maybe it was because she was tired from her job or something, this made me even more upset that i was not being comforted and i spent all night crying like the sap i am!

Today i had bouts of crying sessions and generally feel like crap, crap because i cry, crap because im slightly jealous. this evening i was sat down with the family and my daddy asked me why i have been quite all day and i just burst out in tears, huge tears, and then mother said jokingly "J is getting engaged, thats why she is crying" and then i said"im not crying because of HER engagement"

my poor daddy, he looked slightly shocked at the fact i was crying over marriage things. he has always seen me as the studious and career focused person and i dont think he actually realises that i am 22 and that i do like men!

i think i needed to cry in front of my parents for them to realise without me saying to them directly that i do have feelings too, i cannot spend all my life studying and being the happy go lucky character i pretend to be at times. i am at a time in my life where i do need the honest good love of a man (which i am glad that i have) and that man wants to put a ring on my finger which i am ready for, even if my parents are not.

to sum it up i am happy for J if not slightly jealous and envious, i will go the engagement this weekend and be happy for her and wish her all the best. this jealousy is all new to me, i have never really been jealous of anyone before, whether it be about looks, brain or otherwise, i guess matters of heart make you feel all different kind of emotions.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no comments yet?
well i have got lots to say but dont know where to start