Tuesday 29 May 2007

New old haircut

Wohoo! ive got a new old hair cut! I know that sounds a bit weird so let me explain-
for quite some time i have been visiting a certain hair salon and have asked for a certain hair cut. The hair cut in question had been a one inch trim, side fringe and three layers to be put in. Some how the hair cut was never as i imagined it to be no matter how much i explained it to her. It used to end up being so harsh and rigid, like three different size bowls have been placed around my head (i kid u not).

Finally i gave up going to her and went to a new hair salon in the same area (a friend recommended the new salon and she always has nice hair). Off i go and meet the lady that is going to be my saviour i hope! She is a very trendy 40+ Iranian lady and examines my hair and says "i cant see any layers in here, where did u get this done from?" I explain to her my story and she is like "well this will not do at all, a womans hair is her masterpiece"

I ask for the same hairstyle and then regret it thinking that what if she does a bad job too and then i am stuck with this style for 2-3 months. However by then i have had a hair rinse and she is snipping away.

TADA! one hour later i have this total new hairstyle but i asked for the exact same thing as before! How could this be? I was in awe of my reflection and say to her rather excitedly "this is what ive always wanted!" She was happy that i was happy, i was happy that my hair looks nice, nice cheery smile all around. Im so gald i have finally found a hairdresser that fits the qualities of a hair dresser-funny, talkative, good listener, quick and most important of all knows what she is doing!

Two hours ago-
me-"how does my hair look?" rather excitedly
brother-"looks the same as always, have you had something done?"
me-"well duhh cant u tell?"
brother- "no not really"
end of conversaion


Flash backwards 6 months ago-
me- "how does my hair look?"
brother- "looks the same as always, have u had something done?"
me- "well duhh cant u tell?"
brother- "no not really"
end of conversation

1 comment:

bb_aisha said...

I always had the same featherd layer look.Recently,i askd for blunt layers n it lookd so different.amazingly diff. The right hairdresser,along wif the diamond:-p is every girls best frnd.